Individual Registration $50
We are excited to invite you are interested in Joining us for the 2013 Ski 4 Yellow. This year is shaping up to be an amazing year with all of our returning Olympians, more on mountain tasks and of course an amazing group of volunteers here to make your day on the mountain amazing. With your pledge to raise $250, per person on your team, in the fight against cancer, this will be the most fun you have had on your boards. Registration is open to all Skier and Snowboarder abilities (see below to know your level) and everyone is encouraged to join.
The first $50,000 raised during the 2013 Ski 4 Yellow will go directly to support Cancer Services in Steamboat Springs.
What do I get with my Registration?
- A Chance to Make a difference in a Cancer Patient’s Life!
- 1 Entry into the best on mountain event of the year in Steamboat!
- A Dedicated Website from Livestrong to help you raise your donations to fight Cancer!
- A Ski Day with one of our Olympians and your team during the event
- First Tracks Access to the Steamboat Ski Area for the day of the event
- Free Private Ski 4 Yellow Lunch at the top of the gondola, Day of the event
- Entry to the VIP area of the March Forth Marching Band Concert
- Discounted Day of lift ticket @ $45 for participants if needed (regularly $110+) *Purchase during registration
- A Private On Mountain Guide for the day of the event
We highly encourage you to recruit your team now. This is not a requirement but it does make the day more fun and raising funds easier. Teams can consist of 1-10 people, but we will be combining individual and small teams to make larger day of event teams. Team registration (1 -10 individuals) will be able to raise pledge money as a team. If you sign up 4 people, you pledge to raise $1000 as a team (4 times $250). One person can raise all $1000 or one person can raise $500, another can raise $200 and the other two can raise $50 each. You decide as long as you raise your pledge you are good to go. No need for friends to decide to give a little to each of you, instead they can give a lot to both of you through your team connection! Start a team on your own today and recruit people to join you for more fun with friends and people you know!
When you sign up you will be given your own personal website to receive donations that we will link through our donation page. This will be your gateway to help others to donate to the 4 Yellow Foundation’s fight against Cancer. Also be sure to purchase your tickets to the 4 Yellow Foundation Yellow Tie Ball for you and your family on March 29th (not included in your Ski 4 Yellow Registration).
IMPORTANT: We recommend using the newest Internet Explorer(9), Chrome(17.0) or Firefox(9.0.1) browsers to register. Click on the links above to insure you are running the newest version on your browser.
Also, if you are having trouble with the online registration please call our LAF partners at (512) 279-8450 to register over the phone! We are happy to help with any questions you may have and get you signed up as soon as possible.
Need some more ideas for fundraising? Check out our Donation Tools page for hints on using social networking and email to increase your donations.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or leave us a message at 970-439-1-4YF (970-439-1493) and we will get back to you with all the information.
What to know when you register:
- Will you be skiing or snowboarding?
- What is your skiing/snowboarding ability level? (See Below)
- What is your team name, if you have one?
- How much do you plan to raise as an individual and as a team? You will only be required to raise $250 per person but we encourage you to aim high! We will not hold you to your aim high number but it is good to have a goal in mind.
- Do you have a Discount Code from early registration?
- Do you need a day pass for March 30th? If so we have Day of Lift Tickets for sale for $45 only during registration. Regular ticket prices are $100+. If you are a lucky one and have your season pass, you won’t need this ticket.
- Would you like to start of your page right by making a donation of your own?
- You will need a credit card when you register to pay for any items/donations and also if you are unable to reach your fundraising goals.
Know Your Skiing and Snowboarding Ability Level
All Levels of Skiers and Snowboarders are welcome to join us! For registration, know your level so we can place you in the group that will best fit your skill level to ensure you have the most fun you can have at the Ski 4 Yellow!
SKIER (Beginner) LEVEL 1 – You have never skied before.
SKIER (Beginner) LEVEL 2 – You have spent a few hours on the slope and can ski in a cautious wedge.
SKIER (Beginner) LEVEL 3 – You can make round turns with confidence on gentle green terrain.
SKIER (Intermediate) LEVEL 4 – You can link turns with speed control and bring skis together parallel at the end of the turn on green and the easiest of blue runs.
SKIER (Intermediate) LEVEL 5 – You are confident on green and easy blue runs. You ski mostly parallel but may wedge or step to start the turns.
SKIER (Intermediate) LEVEL 6 – You use a parallel stance on smooth blue runs and are testing your skills on more varied terrain and snow conditions.
SKIER (Advanced) LEVEL 7 – You can link turns with speed control and bring skis together parallel at the end of the turn on green and the easiest of blue runs.
SKIER (Advanced) LEVEL 8 – You ski with good technique on all terrain and snow conditions, using carved short radius turns.
SNOWBOARDER (Beginner) LEVEL 1 – You have never snowboarded before.
SNOWBOARDER (Beginner) LEVEL 2 – You can side slip on toe or heel, sliding to the left and to the right.
SNOWBOARDER (Beginner) LEVEL 3 – You are able to slide left and right in control on both edges and complete an independent heel and toe turn on gentle green terrain.
SNOWBOARDER (Intermediate) LEVEL 4 -You are able to complete a linked toe and heel turn on gentle green terrain and looking toward easy blue runs.
SNOWBOARDER (Intermediate) LEVEL 5 – You are able to complete linked turns on toe and heel side on green and blue runs.
SNOWBOARDER (Intermediate) LEVEL 6 – You are able to complete linked turns with minimal traverse comfortably on all blue terrain and easy black runs.
SNOWBOARDER (Advanced) LEVEL 7 – You are able to link turns with rhythm and flow on difficult blue and most black runs.
SNOWBOARDER (Advanced) LEVEL 8 – Join your instructors to make turns of any kind, anywhere, anytime all over the mountain and in all snow conditions, taking your riding to the highest level.